Welcome to Raptors Basketball
2019 - 2020 Basketball Season
Registration will be open in late August/early September 2019.
Season Calendar (dates are subject to change):
- Practices can start Monday October 28, 2019.
- Games start either November 15th/16th or December 6th/7th.
- Playoffs/Championship from Feb 8th - Feb 21
Raptors Athletics is the youth sports league servicing Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Sedalia, and Larkspur areas. Raptors Athletics operates under our area's existing Arapahoe Youth League (AYL) membership, the premier youth competitive sports league in the South metro Denver area.
AYL Basketball Teams:
- Cherry Creek Bruins
- Eagles (Denver Area)
- Hawks (Parker Area)
- Raptors (Castle Rock Area)
- Spartans (Aurora Area)
- Stallions (North Aurora Area)
- Littleton Thunder
- Warriors (Highlands Ranch Area)
Practices are typically held 2 times a week for 1.5 hrs. Either a Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs. Locations are at local schools in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, or Sedalia.
Games for 2nd and 3rd graders are held on Friday evenings. All other grade levels play on Saturdays. Home games are played in Castle Pines or Castle Rock. Away games are determined by AYL (visit www.AYLsports.org for a list of teams in our league).
- Division 1: This level of competition is intended for kids who have been playing basketball consistently and understand fundamentals of ball handling and basic game rules. Teams that have played together in other leagues for at least 1 year should consider playing at this level. Returning AYL teams that have a greater than 50% winning record AND 60% or more of their players returning are encouraged to play at this level.
- Division 2: This level of competition is intended for kids who desire a competitive basketball experience but may not have been playing on a consistent team in previous years or are just moving up from a recreational league.